Firstly, Ramadan Mubarak to you all! Can’t believe it has been 7 days already. The fasting is Alhumdulillah super easy in Australia so the days are flying by rather quickly. I’m absolutely loving each moment of Ramadan and don’t want it to end!
In other news, I would like to believe that I’m currently experiencing an unfortunate phenomenon known as the bloggers block.
To put it simply, lately I have had a million ideas for my next blog post but when I actually sit down and begin to write, I feel that my content will not be good/interesting/worthy enough to be read. And so my ideas end up in my drafts folder and eventually they end up in my trash folder.
Feeling quite guilty so in order to overcome my bloggers block I am aiming to write two blog posts every month.
Now onto my really exciting news: besides getting back into blogging, I’m trying to get back into writing my very first fiction novel (yikes!). I have wanted to do this for such a long time and I have no idea why it has taken me so long to finally do it but I’m finally feeling motivated to make a start.
Things I am uncertain of:
- should it be young adult fiction or adult fiction?
- should it be written in first point of view or third point of view?
- should it be humorous or serious?
- should it be happy or sad ending?
Things I am certain of:
- will be a novel and not a short story
- will be based on what it is like growing up Pakistani in Australia
- will have multiple protagonists (so far have three in mind)
- will be based on people I have met
- will be titled: Chasing Light
So there you go. That’s what I will be working/thinking/writing/aiming towards as of now. I have thought about writing a novel for many years but it has always been a simple thought. InshaAllah I hope I can turn this thought into a draft manuscript by the end of this year 😊
P.S. photo taken at the 12 Apostles, Great Ocean Road